Access to Matsubaya Ryokan
- ・By Train and Walking:
A ten-minute walk from the Central Gate of Kyoto Station.
A five-minute walk from Subway Gojo Station
- ・By Car: Twenty minutes from the east or south highway Inter-Changes to Kyoto
- ・We have parking space for two cars. Please make a reservation in advance.
- ・Parking fee: 1000 yen per night (3 p.m. to 10 a.m.)
- ・If our parking lot is full, we will direct you to another parking lot nearby.
Access to Popular Sightseeing Spots
The Matsubaya Ryokan is in the Heart of Kyoto and is a great location for accessing the many cultural and historic sightseeing spots. There are some bus stops within 5 minutes and Kyoto Station is very close also. They are convenient for shopping and sightseeing. We are happy to provide maps and directions at the front desk. Please ask.
Here are a few of the popular spots:
- ・Higashi Honganji Temple and the Shosei-en Garden: 3 minutes by walking
- ・Kiyomizu Temple, Kodaiji Temple, Gion, Yasaka Shrine, Shijo Kawaramachi and Pontocho (Downtown in Kyoto): 15 to 25 minutes by bus
- ・Nishiki Market: 10 minutes from nearby Gojo Station by subway
- ・Fushimi Inari Shrine: 10 minutes from nearby Kyoto Station by train
- ・Arashiyama: 20 minutes from nearby Kyoto Station by train
Nishi-iru, Higashinotouin, Kamijuzuyamachi-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto-city 600-8150